click for more images
A scarce original vintage period 'Hawkstone Otter Hounds flat brass hunt button', displaying an embossed 'HOH monogram; the reverse without maker's details. Good condition.
A rare original 1907 'Dartmoor Otterhounds lapel badge'; gilded brass hollow example made in the form of a button, displaying an embossed 'D.O.H 1907'; the reverse with original early pattern round buttonhole fitting. Very good condition, minor wear to gilt finish.
The 'Dartmoor Otterhounds' established in 1825 by Mr.J.Pode of Slade, Ivybridge. The hunting pack would cover the river Dart, Harbourne, Avon, Erme, Yealm, Plym, Tavy, Lynher, Fowey and their tributaries.
A scarce original circa 190's 'Buckinghamshire Otterhounds Hunt buttonhole lapel badge'; gilded brass convex example in the form of a button bearing the embossed initial "BOH". Very good condition, minor wear to gilt finish.
Buckinghamshire Otter Hounds were established in 1890 by Messers Uthwatt, with an entry still appearing in "Baily's Hunting Directory 1956-1957"
A rare turn of the 20th century 'Northern Counties Otterhounds Hunt'; gilt circular brass convex badge, bearing the conjoined letters "NCOH". Very good condition, retaining original early pattern buttonhole fitting, gilt remains bright, minor hairline crack running vertical to top half.
The Northern Counties Otterhounds were established in 1903; their hunting covered areas of Northumberland, Durham and parts of Yorkshire.
website designed and maintained by Concept500