click for more images
A scarce pre-war circa 1930's novelty 'Cyclo Gear Company brass and enamel promotional badge' depicting the companies cleverly designed logo "Cyclo" in the form of a cycle on blue enamel ground. Good condition, complete with original pin fitting, minor service wear to the enamel.
The Cyclo Gear Co Ltd, Potters Hill Birmingham 6.
A scarce original Edwardian period 'National Cyclists Union' watch fob medal from the 'Berkshire, Oxford and South Buckinghamshre Centre", bearing three County shields representing each area; the reverse impressed with Birminghm silver hallmarks for 1911, maker's details "B&L" ( Butty Lewis Goldsmiths & Diamond Merchants Reading ) and inscribed "Standard Time 1912". Excellent condition, complete with silver suspension ring, enamel perfect and contained in its original velvet lined leather presentation case with corresponding maker's details to inside lid.
A scarce original early Edwardian period 'Cyclists Touring Club unmarked silver "CTC" membership badge' in the form of the yearly membership disc only half the size, with two prong fitting to reverse. Excellent condition.
A scarce original circa 1935 attractive pair of 'Cyclists Touring Club bronze medals'; large circular example bearing the "CTC" logo in white enamel on dark blue ground; the reverse both with embossed "1935 Royal Silver Jubilee Relay Ride" and engraved "C'HTER-E'BNE D.V.Welch" the other very similarly engraved to "A.Welch". Very good condition, each complete with original single pin fitting, enamel perfect.
A scarce original Edwardian antique miniature unmarked silver gilt 'Cyclists Touring Club watch fob' in the form of a cycle wheel. Very good condition.
A circa 1940's gilt vintage bicycle badge bearing enamel "Whitby Town" crest. Very good condition, original pin fittings, no damage to the enamel.
A very scarce original circa 1940's chromium plated bicycle badge, the centre with applied representation of an green enamelled magical "Elf" sitting on a mushroom with Lynmouth scroll below. Very good condition, complete with original pin fittings, no damage to the enamel.
A circa 1940's gilt bicycle badge with enameled "Aberfeldy" crest. Very good condition, original pin fittings, no damage to the enamel, minor wear to gilt finish.
A good original pre-war 'Touring Club de France membership badge', in the form of a miniature nickel cycle wheel, mounted with "TCF" gilt monogram inlaid with red, blue and white enamel. Very good condition, retaining original pin fitting, enamel perfect, an excellent example.
The 'Touring Club de France' was founded in France in 1890, the association aims were to develop tourism in all its forms. It ceased operations in 1983 due to funding.
A scarce original early Edwardian antique silver membership certificate disc holder, the front central cog stamped with "Trade Mark", made in two parts with hinge to allow access to display your yearly membership disc. Very good condition, complete with original two prong pin fittings one strenghthened with silver solder, perfect open and close movement.
A rare circa 1930's 'Rudge-Whitworth Coventry Stand Official promotional badge' possibly from the 'Olympia Cycle Show London' at which they exhibited around that time; gilded brass example bearing the companies logo a red hand superimposed on a cycle wheel within title surround, with projecting red arms "Stand Official"; the reverse impressed with maker's details "W.O.Lewis (Badges) Ltd Birmingham". Very good condition, complete with original pin fittings, one or two minor stress marks to arms otherwise enamel perfect.
A scarce pre-war 'Cyclists' Touring Club gilt and enamel lapel badge', in the form of a cycle wheel bearing the "CTC" logo in blue and white enamelling, the reverse with maker's details "Thomas Fattorini Birmingham Ltd." and impressed with a "REG 632818" a Registration, Design and Patent for the year 1914. Very good condition, retaining original buttonhole lapel fitting, enamel perfect.
A good original circa 1980's 'Triennial Veterans Ride Cyclists Touring Club gilt and enamel pin badge', circular example bearing the "CTC" logo superimposed over large "V" with hanging year bars for 1983 and 1986. Very good condition, retaining original pin fittinsg, enamel perfect.
A very scarce original circa 1910 period 'St Saviour's Church Preston cycling club membership badge'; large gilded brass impressive shield of convex design, inlaid with half white and half blue enamel, the centre disc depicting the monogram "CC" with full tri-part title scroll below, the reverse impressed with maker's details "Vaughton Birmm". Very good condition, retaining original pin fittings, no stress marks or damage to the enamel, gilt remains bright.
A scarce original Second World War period 'The Aberdale Cycle Co. Ltd National Service lapel badge', small gilded brass example displaying the company's logo, the City of London' shield; the reverse with maker's details "Thomas Fattorini Ltd Regent St Birmingham". Very good condition, retaining original buttonhole lapel fitting, enamel perfect, gilt finish remains crisp.
'Aberdale Cycle Company' was founded in 1919, they were bicycle manufacturers and later autocycles. During the Second World War commercial production ceased and the company committed itself to the production of war materials including small generating sets for use in aeroplanes.
The company formally closed in early 1959 and remaining assets were transferred to the 'British Cycle Corporation in Handsworth, Birmingham'. Aberdale remained a subsidiary of 'Raleigh Bicycle Company' until 1976.
A rare original Victorian cycle club badge; large shield shaped silver badge surmounted by an additional gilded arched scroll bearing a blue enamel title 'President'; diagonal stripe "Salisbury Post Office" also in gilt and enamel; the reverse impressed with Birmingham silver hallmarks for 1895 and maker's details "Vaughton Birm". Excellent condition, complete with original pin fittings, enamel perfect, the 'P' of President scroll slightly darker than the rest.
A good original circa 1950's 'BSA Bicycle Head Tube badge'; pressed alloy shield with strap, bearing embossed crossed rifles and 'BSA' logo on red, yellow and black transfer ground. Good condition, some scrapes and age wear.
An exceptionally good scarce original circa 1950's 'Coventry Eagle Bicycle Head Tube badge'; heavily embossed die-stamped alloy eagle finely feathered with gilt finish, the title below with red painted enamel. Excellent unused condition. (photograph with light reflection around eyes).
A scarce original circa 1950's 'Brighton Stanley Wanderers Cycle Club membership badge'; silver plated crcular design with green enamel title surround, the centre depicting a cycle wheel with green shield bearing two dolphins. Very good condition, retaining original pin fittings, enamel intact, minor service wear to high points of dolphins.
A scarce original pre-war 'Swindon Wheelers Cycle Club membership badge'; gilded brass oval design with blue enamel title surround, the centre bearing the 'Arms of Swindon' inlaid with red, white and blue enamels. Very good condition, retaining original horseshoe buttonhole fitting, enamel intact.
website designed and maintained by Concept500