click for more images
A good original pre 1979 'Wadham Stringer advertising badge', chromium plate and enamel example bearing a St Christopher disc and 'Wadham Stringer' logo, this originally having been mounted on a leather kre ring fob, the reverse impressed in relief "Service You Can Trust' and maker's details 'Caxton of Kew'. Good condition, service wear to the enamel and chromium plating.
A rare original turn of 20th century 'Wigan W. Motor Club badge; gilded brass circular example surmounted by a cut out veteran motor car, the centre depicting a representation of 'Moot Hall, Wigan, Greater Manchester' from part of the seal (used before 1922) on white enamel ground within blue title surround, the reverse with maker's details 'R.P' (Robert Pringle & Sons Clerkenwell Road, London EC1) a pattern used from1895 onwards and with early form of large round buttonhole fitting. Very good condition considering age, minor flake of enamel loss in the 7 o'clock position, gilt finish remains bright.
A scarce original circa 1950's chromium plated large rectangular dashboard plaque, depicting a button style Saint Christopher disc within the Coat of Arms of the University of Oxford and the Coat of Arms of Oxford, two enamel title bars 'Organs of Oxford' and 'Phone:- 59613/4'. Very good condition, no damage to the enamel, minimal wear.
'E.H.Organ & Sons Ltd. 2421254, Banbury Road, Oxford. Telephone: 59613/4' were a car and light commercial vehicle stockists. In another October 1955 directory the were listed as Triumph car dealers in Oxford.
Please note the same telephone number as badge.
A scarce original circa 1950's chromium plated large dashboard plaque, depicting Saint Christopher within a blue enamel circlet inscribed 'Supplied by Tate of Leeds Ltd'; the reverse impressed with maker's details 'F.J. Davis Ltd London Made in England'.Very good condition, no damage to the enamel, fixing blades now absent from the rear.
'Tate of Leeds Ltd' Ford Main Dealer.
A scarce original circa 1950's 'M.G. Car Company Limited promotional lapel badge', small silver plated possibly a salesman example in the form of a octagon, inlaid brown translucent enamel, the 'MG' initial in cream, the reverse with pointed rectangular style buttonhole fitting, with bobble style finish. Very good condition, enamel intact, minimal service wear.
Height of front 25mm.
Reference to the MG octagon badge was registered as a trademark by Morris Garages on 1 May 1924.
A good original circa 1955 ' Austin Jubilee badge' commemorating fifty years since the company was established and portraying an embossed representation of the founder 'Herbert Austin' on red enamel ground with the years '1905 1955', the reverse impressed with maker's details 'Butler 48 Vittoria St B'Ham'. Good condition, complete with original pin fittings, enamel intact wiith one stress mark to edge of left scroll.
A good original George VI period 'Civil Service Motoring Association nickel plated badge' in the form of a winged wheel surmounted by an red enamel King's Crown. Very good condition, complete with original pin fittings.
A scarce original circa 1935 to 1958 'Crossley Motors Ltd sales representative promotional badge'; nickel plated example in the form of a Coptic Cross and Crossley script logo on black enamel ground, the reverse impressed with maker's details 'H.W.Miller Ltd Branston St B'Ham.18' a backmark used from 1935 to 1958. Very good condition, complete with original buttonhole fitting, enamel intact, minor surface scratches.
'Crossley Motors Ltd Manchester' produced high quality cars from 1904 until 1938, buses from 1926 until 1958 and goods and military vehicles from 1914 to 1945.
A scarce original post 1953 period 'Royal Automobile Club patrolman's badge', large sized rectangular chromium plate example, inlaid with white enamel, displaying a red Queen Elizabeth Crown over blue 'RAC' title, the reverse with two original loop fittings and retaining split pin. Very good condition, no damage to the enamel
Size 39 x 30mm.
A scarce original early period 'Automobile Association patrolman's cap badge', large sized brass example, the reverse with two original loop fittings and split pin. Good condition, minimal service wear.
A scarce original 'South Wales Borderers' motor car badge, chromium plated Elizabeth II Crowned laurel wreath and badge mounted to an enamelled disc, these being the colours of the Regiment, makers details J.R.Gaunt to lower front base. Excellent condition, no damage to the enamel.
A good original pre-war circa 1930's silver plated dashboard plaque depicting Saint Christopher within a pink enamel circlet surmounted by a black enamel title scroll 'Car Mart Ltd'. Very good condition, complete three original fixing rings all intact, no damage to the enamel, minor service wear.
A good original circa 1940's 'Austin Motor Company Limited badge'; silver plated small example in the form of the companies logo a winged steering wheel. Very good condition, retaining original pin fittings, service wear to silver plating.
The 'Austin Motor Company Limited' founded in 1905 by Herbert Austin was a manufacturer of British motor vehicles. In 1952 it was merged with 'Morris Motors Limited' in the new holding company 'British Motor Corporation (BMC) Limited'.
A scarce original early post 1953 period 'Royal Air Force motor car badge', chromium plated Elizabeth II Crowned laurel wreath with 'RAF eagle' and 'Per Ardua Ad Astra' scroll mounted to an enamelled disc, these being the colours of the Royal Air Force, makers details J.R.Gaunt London Made in England to front base. Very good uncleaned condition, enamel intact, very minor nick below scroll left, otherwise an excellent example
A scarce post 1953 chrome and enamel badge of the Royal Engineers on the enamelled colours of the Regiment, applied to a winged shield with scrolls "Behold St Christopher" "Then Go Your Way In Safety". Very good condition, no damage to the enamel, minimal wear to the chromium plated finish.
A good original circa 1950's 'Hillman promotional lapel badge in the form of a small chromium plated wing, the centre bearing 'Coventry's Three Spires' logo with additional "HWH" initials below inlaid with red enamel, the reverse impressed with maker's details "J.R.Gaunt London". Good condition, retaining original pin fittings, enamel perfect, minor surface scratches.
A rare original circa 1930's 'SS Car Club Founder badge', chromium plated example depicting the stylized letter symbol of the 'Swallow Sidecar Company' known as 'SS Cars Ltd' and 'SS Jaguar', the reverse bearing maker's details "J.Fray Ltd. Birmingham". Good uncleaned condition, no stress marks or damage to the enamel, general wear commensurate with road use, chromium plate with corrosion worn down to the brass in places. An undoubtedly genuine untouched sleepy badge.
In 1945 the company changed its name to Jaguar Cars Ltd, because of the connotations of the use of the SS name by Nazi Germany.
A scarce original '1970 London to Brighton bronze medal' awarded by the 'Royal Automobile Club' for punctual arrival in Brighton", complete with original cardboard presentation box, with maker's details to the inner lid "The Birmingham Medal and Badge Co., Ltd. 95, Albion Street, Birmingham". Very good condition.
A superb quality rare dashboard plaque from a prestigious French motor car, depicting Saint Christopher with title surround "REGARDE St CHRISTOPHE PUIS VA T'EN RASSURE" within a octagonal shape surround decorated with deco style scrolls and yellow guilloche translucent enamelling; the reverse bearing Birmingham silver hallmarks for 1956 and maker's details "T&S" (Turner & Simpson, Birmingham) "Made in England" complete two original fixing rings. Very good condition, enamel with deep scratch near left ring, stress mark to the Saints leg.
A scarce original "R.A.F. Malcolm Clubs chromium plated motor car badge', Royal Air Force eagle within a blue enamel circular title. Very good condition, no damage to the enamel.
The first front line "RAF Malcolm club" named after Wing Commander Hugh Malcolm VC, opened in Algiers, North Africa in 1943, the first one established in England in 1956 was at RAF Wittering, their slogan was "For The Airmen".
website designed and maintained by Concept500