4 Items Found
Page: 1 of 1
0 Items in Basket »
Toc H League of Women Helpers home front badge

A good original pre 1928 period 'Toc H League of Women Helpers badge'; gilt metal in the form of a rope edge surround, the voided centre bearing the 'Lamp of Maintenance' depicting a 'Cross of Lorraine' to handle and embossed initial 'TH L.W.H' (Toc H League of Women Helpers) to the centre, the reverse impressed with early maker's details 'Fattorini & Sons Bradford' (circa 1908 to 1928). Very good condition, complete with original pin fittings, gilt finish remains bright.
Diameter 23mm.

In 1915 Reverend Phillip Byard Clayton was sent to France and on to Poperinge in Belgium, close to the trenches around Ypres. He was instructed by his senior chaplain to set up a rest house for the troops which was named Talbot House, it became known by its initials TH and then in radio signallers’ parlance of the day as 'Toc H'. It opened on 11 Dec 1915.
The first of the Toc H’s hostels with the new name opened in London just after the war. The lamp device was introduced by the organisation in 1922.


Code: 62023

45.00 GBP


Shortlist item
Toc H League of Women Helpers home front badge

A good original pre1928 period 'Toc H League of Women Helpers badge'; gilt metal in the form of the 'Lamp of Maintenance' depicting a 'Cross of Lorraine' to handle and embossed initial 'TH L.W.H' (Toc H League of Women Helpers) to the centre, the reverse impressed with early maker's details 'Fattorini & Sons Bradford' (circa 1908 to 1928). Very good condition, complete with original pin fittings, gilt finish remains bright.
Width 28mm.
Height 19mm.

In 1915 Reverend Phillip Byard Clayton was sent to France and on to Poperinge in Belgium, close to the trenches around Ypres. He was instructed by his senior chaplain to set up a rest house for the troops which was named Talbot House, it became known by its initials TH and then in radio signallers’ parlance of the day as 'Toc H'. It opened on 11 Dec 1915.
The first of the Toc H’s hostels with the new name opened in London just after the war. The lamp device was introduced by the organisation in 1922.

Code: 62022

40.00 GBP


Shortlist item
WW2 Toc H Club War Services home front pin badge

A scarce original Second World War period 'Toc H Services Club badge'; octagon shape gilt brass example, the centre bearing the 'Lamp of Maintenance' with 'Cross of Lorraine' to handle on green enamel ground, tri-part title scroll below 'TOCH War Services'; the reverse impressed with maker's details 'S.A.M.' (South African Mint). Very good condition, complete with original pin fittings, no damage to the enamel, gilt finish remains bright.
Height 26mm.

Code: 61431

80.00 GBP


Shortlist item
Toc H Services Club home front badge

A good original wartime 'Toc H Services Club badge'; circular gilded metal example inlaid with black enamel, the centre bearing the 'Lamp of Maintenance' depicting a 'Cross of Lorraine' to handle, the reverse impressed with maker's details 'H.W.Miller Ltd Branston St B'Ham.18' a pattern used between 1935 and 1958. Very good condition, complete with original pin fittings, gilt finish remains bright.
Diameter 26mm.

Code: 59342

SOLD