click for more images
A scarce original circa 1948 'Birmingham Dental Hospital oxidised silver plate enamel badge', the reverse with maker's details 'Marples & Beasley B'Ham'. Very good condition, complete with original pin fittings incorporating safety roller catch, no damage to the enamel.
Birmingham Dental Hospital circa 1929 to 1948.
Dental Hospital circa 1949 to 1994.
Present name: Birmingham Dental Hospital
A good original post 1995 'National Examining Board for Dental Nurses badge' oxidised silver plated example, the title surround inlaid with dark red enamel, the centre with embossed nurses lamp, book and motto 'Spectamur Agendo' (judge us by our deeds), the reverse impressed 'FATTORINI'. Very good condition, complete with original pin fittings, safety roller catch in good working order, no damage to the enamel.
A scarce original circa 1950's 'Dental Nurses Society' chromium plated eight pointed star badge the central title on yellow enamel ground, the reverse stamped with official issue number "1762". Very good condition, original pin fittings, no damage to the enamel.
A scarce 'Examining Board for Dental Surgery Assistants' steel nurses buckle and yellow petersham belt. Very good condition, complete with both loops, some minor surface scratches, yellow petersham belt now detached from buckle.
The 'British Dental Nurses and Assistants Examining Board' was founded in 1943, changing its name to the 'Examining Board for Dental Surgery Assistants' in 1964, 'National Examining Board for Dental Surgery Assistants' in 1987, and to the 'National Examining Board for Dental Nurses' in 1995.
website designed and maintained by Concept500