7 Items Found
Page: 1 of 1
0 Items in Basket »
Welsh Harp Sports Staduim Club greyhound racing badge

A scarce original circa 1930 - 1940 'Welsh Harp Sports Staduim Club membership badge' displaying the head of a Greyhound surmounting a harp superimposed over ripples of water, the reverse with official low issue number '69' and maker's details 'Thomas Fattorini Ltd Regent St Birmingham'. Very good condition, complete with original cord, enamel intact, minor surface wear.

The Welsh Harp is in the London suburb of Hendon. It saw a great deal of greyhound racing activity in the late 19th century before the Hendon Greyhound Stadium arrived in 1935.

Code: 59024

120.00 GBP


Shortlist item
Harringay Totalisator Greyhound Racing bookmaker badge c1927

A scarce original circa 1927 'Greyhound Racing Association badge'; gilded brass quatrefoil designed example inlaid with red, white and blue enamelling,"GRA" initials to the top, very low issue number '4' below the central title "Harringay Totalisator". Good condition, enamel intact, minor surface scratches, gilt finish with service wear.
Height 31mm.

'Harringay Greyhound Stadium' North London, opened in 1927. It was owned by the "GRA" Greyhound Racing Association Ltd.

Code: 56603

45.00 GBP


Shortlist item
1953 Knowle Greyhound racing club Bristol numbered badge


A scarce original 1953 'Knowle Greyhound Club membership badge', gilded brass Deco style example displaying a racing greyhound on black enamel ground; the reverse with maker's details "Gladman & Norman Spencer St Birmingham 18" and impressed with very low issue number "18". Very good condition, retaining original pin fitting, enamel perfect, gilt finish remain bright, an excellent example.
Height 27mm.

'Knowle Greyhound Stadium' was built on fifteen acres of land on Wells Road in the Knowle area of Bristol. Racing started on 23 July 1927. The last meeting was held on 28 January 1961.

Code: 57080

SOLD


1952 Knowle Greyhound racing club Bristol numbered badge


A scarce original 1952 'Knowle Greyhound Club membership badge', gilded brass Deco style example displaying a racing greyhound on red enamel ground; the reverse with maker's details "Gladman & Norman Spencer St Birmingham 18" and impressed with very low issue number "39". Good condition, retaining original pin fitting, enamel with minor bruise, surface scratches and service wear.
Height 27mm.

'Knowle Greyhound Stadium' was built on fifteen acres of land on Wells Road in the Knowle area of Bristol. Racing started on 23 July 1927. The last meeting was held on 28 January 1961.

Code: 57079

40.00 GBP


Shortlist item
Boundary Park Greyhound racing stadium membership badge


A scarce original post- war 'City of Norwich Greyhound Stadium Racing Club lapel badge', silver plated shield shape example with title surround "NG (N) Ltd Boundary Park", the centre depicting a racing greyhound on green enamel ground; the reverse impressed with official issue number "555". Good condition, complete with original horseshoe buttonhole lapel fitting, enamel intact, minor manufacturers flaws in the form of pitting, silver plating worn in parts.
Height 21mm.

'Boundary Park Stadium' Boundary Road, City of Norwich, opened in 1932 under the promotion of the "NG (N) Ltd" 'National Greyhounds Norwich Ltd' . Its last meet was in 1962.

Code: 56604

25.00 GBP


Shortlist item
Catford Stadium greyhound racing club 1937 members badge


A scarce original '1937 Catford Greyhound Racing Club member's badge', gilded brass quatrefoil example depicting a pair of competing greyhounds on white enamel ground, title surround in red; the reverse with maker's details "Spencer & Co Gt. Queen St. London W.C.2." and impressed with official issue number "302". Very good condition, no damage to the enamel, minor surface scratches, complete with original cord.
Diameter 31mm.

Catford Stadium was a greyhound track in the suburb of London. It was opened in 1932 and closed in 2003.

Code: 55777

SOLD


Shanghai Greyhound Club 1929 Stadium membership badge


A very rare original '1929 Shanghai Greyhound Club member's badge', silver coloured circular disc inlaid with electric blue enamelling, the centre with the initials "SGC" flanked by Chinese characters and title "Stadium 1929". Very good condition, no damage to the enamel, minor surface scratches, complete with original cord.
Diameter 31mm.

On 1st June 1930 the Directors of the 'Shanghai Greyhound Club' lent the dog racing track Stadium to the "1st Battalion Worcestershire Regiment" for the purpose of 'Trooping the Colour', the first time the Regimental Colour' had been trooped since 1908.

Code: 55660

SOLD