A rare original Second World War period 'Frederick H. Burgess Agricultural Engineers Ltd identification badge'. These were issued to essential war workers who were exempt from conscription, in the form of a large gilt black enamel title surround, wheatsheaf emblem bearing the initials 'B.A.E' on green enamel ground, with an additional ribbon scroll below 'FOOD PRODUCTION'; the reverse impressed with maker's details 'Thomas Fattorini Ltd Regent St Birmingham' and official issue number '508'. Very good condition, complete with original buttonhole lapel fitting, no damage to the enamel, a few minor scratches only, gilt finish remains bright.
Founded in 1900 Frederick H. Burgess Agricultural Engineers, Stafford Street, Eccleshall, with branches in Newcastle-under-Lyme, Wolverhampton and Newport, became one of the largest distributors of tractors and agricultural machinery in Britain.
A good original circa 1960's vintage period 'Ford Tractors Equipment celluloid tin button advertising badge. Very good condition, complete with original pin fittings, colour remains bright.
A good original circa 1960's period 'Perkins Diesel Engines advertising badge'; chromuim plated example inlaid with dark pink enamel, in the form of the companies very distinctive logo, the reverse impressed with unusual maker's details 'J.Fray Ltd B'Ham.' Excellent condition, complete with original pin fittings, no stress marks or damage to the enamel.
F. Perkins Ltd Peterborough, manufacturers of diesel engines for agricultural farm tractors, marine, lorries, trucks and construction vehicles.
A good original circa 1950's vintage 'National Traction Engine Club badge', oxidised silver plated example in the form of a small cut out steam wagon, bearing blue enamel title scroll below, the reverse impressed with maker's details 'H.W.Miller Ltd'. Very good condition, complete with original pin fittings, enamel perfect.
A scarce original circa 1940's period 'Jack Olding and Co Ltd London advertising badge' in the form of a chromium plated cut out caterpillar with blue enamel title below, the reverse impressed 'Reg No.70404' a registration, design and patent number for the year 1924. Very good condition, complete with original buttonhole fittings, enamel intact.
Jack Olding and Co Ltd became sole agents for US company Caterpillar in England and established their headquarters in Hatfield called 'Caterpillar Island' in 1939.
During the Second World War Caterpillar D-series armoured bulldozers were used by the Royal Engineers and played a critical role in combat, they were also used by the 79th Armoured Division during D-Day.
The company later diversified into earth-moving and farm equipment and were dealers for John Deere tractors and heavy plant between 1937 and 1950.
A good original 'Ferguson System agricultural tractor chromium plated advertising badge' by the very rare manufacturer "Frank Fattorini Birmingham" who was operating his business only in the 1950's. Excellent condition, complete with original buttonhole lapel fitting, no stress marks or damage to the blue enamel decoration.
The Ferguson TE20 agricultural tractor (Tractor England 20) was designed by 'Harry Ferguson' and was in production from 1946 until 1956.
A good original circa 1939 'Fordson Tractor promotional lapel badge'; gilded brass example depicting a stylized red enamel hand holding a head of corn, superimposed on a halved blue and white cog wheel with title scroll below; the reverse impressed with maker's details 'B'HAM MEDAL & BADGE CO. LTD, ALBION ST, BIRMINGHAM" (c.1939 mark). Very good condition, complete with original buttonhole horseshoe fitting, enamel intact, minor verdigris stain to lower right scroll and upper tip.
A good original post-1961 old vintage logo 'Thames Valley Tractor Engine Club badge'; brass circular example depicting two embossed traction engines on blue and green enamel ground, with title scoll below "T.V.T.E.C". Very good condition, complete with original pin fittings, enamel intact with a couple of stress lines lower right scroll.
'TVTEC' Thames Valley Tractor Engine Club was formed in 1961 from steam engine enthusiasts from the Oxfordshire, Berkshire and Hampshire County areas.
A rare original circa 1910 period 'Derby County Show Yard Steward agricultural badge'; large circular gilded brass example, title surround inlaid with blue enamel, the centre inscribed 'Steward' on red translucent enamel ground, the reverse with maker's details "Vaughton, B'Ham". Very good condition, retaining early pattern pin fittings, enamel perfect, gilt still remains bright.
A rare original circa 1910 period 'Derby County Show Yard Steward agricultural badge'; very large circular gilded brass example, title surround inlaid with blue enamel, the gilt centre 'Yard Steward' set between engraved floral decoration. Very good condition, retaining early pattern pin fittings, enamel perfect except for a flake at 3 o'clock, gilt still remains bright.
A rare original circa 1920's badge from the 'William Allchin, Globe Works, Northampton' who were manufacturers of 'Traction Engine' 'Steam Motor Wagons', 'Tractors and Ploughs'; large brass example depicting a lorry with title scrolls in blue enamel "The Allchin Steam Wagon", the reverse with maker's details "Fattorini & Sons Bradford". Condition not the greatest, retaining original pin fittings, pin possibly an old replacement, enamel chipped and with heavy service wear.
An original circa 1960's 'Massey Ferguson Tractors' chromium plated lapel badge with black enamel logo, the reverse with maker's details "Gladman Norman, Spencer St. Birmingham". Fair condition, original buttonhole fitting, enamel with deep surface scratches.
A scarce original circa 1940's small gilt and red enamel badge depicting a Welsh dragon with scroll below "Jones Balers Ltd". Very good condition, original pin fittings, no damage to the enamel.
Jones Balers Ltd were based in Esmor Works, Mold, Clwyd, Wales, the company was taken over by Allis-Chalmers in 1961.
website designed and maintained by Concept500