click for more images
A good original 1938 to 1939 period unmarked sterling silver 'Territorial Army lapel badge', made by the Royal Mint with official issue number '321270. Very good condition, complete with original brass buttonhole fitting.
It was announced in Parliament in March 1938 that the TA badge was to be issued to all Territorial Army officers and other ranks on enlistment. Issue of the badge ceased in September 1939 when the TA became an integral part of the army. With the revival of the TA in 1947 a further supply of badges with pin fittings for female members were issued.
A good original pre 1939 unmarked silver badge, made by the Royal Mint and issued to all members of the Territorial Army, officer's and other ranks. The reverse impressed with official issue number '446840'. Very good condition, complete with original buttonhole fitting.
Issue of this badge ceased in September 1939 when the TA became an integral part of the Army. With the revival of the TA in 1947 a further supply of badges with pin fittings for female members were issued.
A scarce original pre 1 August 1940 '58th (Middlesex) Anti-Aircraft Battalion of the Royal Engineers Territorial Army special lapel badge'; gilded brass crowned shield inlaid with blue enamel depicting a diagonal searchlight in white with an aircraft in its beam with 'RE' above and 'TA' below, resting within the title 'IN DEFENCE OF HARROW'; the reverse impressed with maker's details 'Toye & Co London' and official low issue number '184'. Very good condition, complete with original buttonhole lapel fitting, enamel intact.
The '58th Anti-Aircraft Battn Royal Engineers TA' headquarters were at Elmgrove Road, Harrow. On 1 August 1940 it was transferred to the 'RA' being redesignated as the '58th (Middlesex) Searchlight Regiment Royal Artillery'.
website designed and maintained by Concept500